Thursday, April 19, 2007

International Window Coverings Expo

I am just back from a whirlwind trip to Washington, DC for the International Window Coverings Expo. I look forward to this event every year - for design inspiration, vendor resources and industry networking. This year I also had the opportunity to spend some time with my family as I grew up in nearby Bethesda, MD and my son lives and works in DC. I didn't see a Cherry Blossom, though, despite the fact that it was Cherry Blossom Weekend, because the weather was too severe for the delicate flowers.


The highlight of my trip was sitting next to New York Interior Designer, Jamie Drake, at lunch prior to the presentation of his book - New American Glamour. It turns out that we have some New York friends in common!!

His talk was inspiring and the interior photos in his presentation stunning. His unique mix of luster, texture, color and "the curve" define his style.

Next time...design trends from the floor of the vendor trade show.